Thursday, June 25, 2009

Vagrancy

Vagrancy Day One:
It's 10:00 at night right now. It's been 13 hours since waking up and making the influenced decision to move out of Audra & Matt's house. I'm at the Living Word Bible Church, or "Boob church" as the locals like to call it. My plan is to sleep here for the next week or two, until my parents come, which is hopefully soon. Since I'm able to do my community service here, I'm pretty sure it's a great idea to squat here. If i go to sleep when the church closes and I'll get enough sleep to wake up when they close again. I can then work from that time until it closes once again, and get a good 14-16 hour work day. They also feed me a sandwich sometime during the day, and I have three granola bars left, so food is taken care of. I have somewhere to sleep, spend my time, and my community service should be done by Sunday or so. I have a trash bag full of clothes and my possessions include a deodorant, shoes, some items of meaning which are A day of silence card, a picture taken at prom of Haley, Connor, Christine, and myself, a book of matches, a lighter and my ipod, and 2 dollars to my name. Possession wise I have little, if nothing. But somehow I'm okay with what I'm doing and the decision I've made. I'm preparing for the lifestyle that I will undoubtedly have. This is a random thought, but when I close my eyes all I can hear is life around me. The ceaseless chirp of crickets, the wind rustling the leaves of trees, and I can feel the brightness of the moon upon my face. When I close my eyes I see dots play across my eyelids as if in some crazy dance. I should get going. So long; David Allen Lindsey.


Vagrancy Day Two:I was stopped by the police today. When I woke up, I had gone over to a wall to sit on and smoke a cigarette. After I had finished it, a cop pulls up and flashes his lights. I hopped down and he said someone called in because they thought I was smoking pot. So we start this 10 minute tirade of him accusing me of smoking weed whilst going through my meager possessions. After his search was in vain, he asks me when I was doing out here, If i had a home to go to, etc. I tell him I do and that I had walked here to do community service which then gets him to go to his computer to look up my crime. I had lied about my age so he didn't write me a ticket for smoking underage, so he couldn't find any record of me in the system, and after awhile of him asking my birthday over and over again, and talking shit about how I look like I slept outside and whatnot, I just asked if I could be on my way, since I wasn't smoking pot and that's what he came there for anyway. He sighed and told me to stop smoking and sped away in his cruiser. So I guess that was the scary event of today, and it's made me decide to sleep in a park today, so the church doesn't find out about me living on their property. My feet are hurting immensely right now because I didn't have socks and blood blisters had formed in every part of my shoe where skin touches crease and nook. I worked 16 hours today; I've cleaned bathrooms, vacuumed, swept, picked up numerous pieces of trash all while hearing people talk about their prejudiced beliefs. Instead of a sandwich, they fed me some pasta today which was pretty filling and I was grateful for it. Meh, I dunno... I like this lifestyle, I'm as independent as I've always wanted to be (Don't get me wrong though, my parents have always been very lenient.), but not being able to shower is really taking its toll. I REALLY want a shower right now. I got a lot of slivers in my back and arms when I slept last night from the wood floor. Sigh, I'm okay I just need more sleep and less work hours haha. Ive gotta go and try to sleep. Goodnight.


Vagrancy Day Three:
I went home today to get some socks that I left, and they asked me to come back home. I've decided to stay and just be sort of comfortable before I go to boot camp, no matter how much I feel like a burden. I'm about to go to sleep, I've got work in the morning. This is probably my last entry. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. i'm not sure if you saw my last comment or if you'll see this, but please don't leave until i get home. you'll want to hear what i have to say.

    ReplyDelete