Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Time


So, I'm pretty sure this is the best summer I have ever had. And it's only about 2 weeks in. Let me walk you through my summer thus far:
Thursday, May 21st: I graduated from highschool, My parents and brother, whom live out of state came to the ceremony, I saw my friend Robert who had not been at school the last month.

Friday: Hung out with Frank and my parents. Went bowling. That night I went to a house party with my friend Weston, and it was alright, sort of lame but meh; it had beer, people(too many), and music. We hung out there for like an hour or two, just drinking and smoking. We decide to leave, and head to Tempe. We drove around looking for parking, found a spot and decided to walk up a mountain that was decorated by the local college. We walked all the way up, and it was just.. inspiring. We just sat and talked about life and growing up and whatnot. We decide then to go around the back side of the mountain (we jumped a fence), and we sat on this little cliff face with our feet dangling off the sides for a good 15 minutes. After this moment we decide to live a little and ended up doing something that probaly could've gotten us jail time. I would love to detail it, but... I breathed in the essence of the human's rebellious spirit.

Saturday: Hung around the house, rested, played Fable II with my dad all day. At around like... midnight I get a call from Taylor, and I spend the next hour trying to get a hold of her, until I finally do at about 1:00. She invited me to a party she was throwing, so I finally got my brother to take me, and at about 2:30 we got there. We played beer pong (one game which me and my friend christine lost). I Drank some peach schnapps, about another 3-4 beers, danced to some music, got an awesome back massage, talked about life and living until about 7:30 in the morning, and then slept til about noon on sunday. Went home, couldn't sleep anymore so I just hung around the house.

Fast forward to.... Thursday: Me and Christine hung out, I showed her my little slice of heaven, we went to an arts and crafts store, had some nice smoothies which she paid for (awesome coz i'm poor as shit), then I went home.

Friday: Went to Weston's Going-Away/Graduation Party. We had Hot Dogs, swam in a pool, and just relaxed as we thought about how our highschool lives were done and over with.

Saturday: Hung around with Matt and Audra, until around 11:50, Weston picked me up to take me to his house , so we could leave in the morning for California. At like 2:00 i couldn't sleep so I called a friend, then talked to her until like 3. (I attempted to solidify feelings that seemed mutual between the two of us, but alas, our lives are moving in two different directions at this moment in time.)

Sunday: Drove to California, made it there at 1:00, and we spend about 2 1/2 hours trying to find Venice Beach. We finally did, and we just hung around watching the waves, riding bikes on the beach walkway which was nice and relaxing, watched a few pick up basketball games and there was a weed laws reform group on the beach playing music and just hanging around. It was nice to just relax and feel the beat of the drums vibrate through my skin into the veins and up into my heart. We walked on the pier, and watched people fish and what have you. We saw a seal which was neat.

Monday: Today me and Weston went to Magic Mountain. It was a whirlwind of thirst, losing my voice, screaming, talking to mutual strangers (BTW, every woman in California is fucking fine, And my self esteem went up as more than a few flirted with me.). We went on just about every ride, and had a hell of a time. After this we left for the hotel. When we got to the hotel, we called Frank and asked him to come see us and we just hung out and laughed about our future plans. I'm going to miss the hell out of him. And Weston, too.

Tuesday: Today we drove down to Oceanside (Where Frank is), and stayed on the beach for awhile, swimming and basking in the sunshine for a few hours until Frank was off of work, then we were with him for about an hour until we had to leave back to Arizona. The drive home was nice, but mostly uneventful. We were pulled over and I had the chance to giggle at the pawn in this game of chess the government plays so well.

So, all of memories aren't exactly the reason why it's going to be the best summer i've had so far but it's a mixture of them and my plans for this last summer of my youth that makes it. I have a list of 100 things I want to complete before I leave (I may post it later), My prospects of love have been higher than they ever have with the girl i'm enamoured with, I'm confident with where my life is headed, and I'm ready to become this ideal of a man i've had hatching in my brain for the past 17 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment