Thursday, June 4, 2009

I felt something new today.

Today, I felt like an adult for the first time in my life. It hit me that I'm done with highschool, the first part of my life, and i'm beginning to make decisions that are vital to my future by myself (although I admit I had help from a friend). I was going for a run, and when I was out there, I kept seeing people my age, and whatnot. But it feels as if I'm not a kid anymore. I don't have someone looking out for me, I don't have someone who always has my back. I'm my own person as of today. I'm beginning to think of my future more often, and of how much of an impact decisions now have on the outcome of my life.

I'm starting to figure that 20 years from now, i'll be more upset with shit I didn't do, than being 'secure' with second hand decisions made. I don't know what to do with myself, but I know that tomorrow I'm going to sign up for my volunteering, and hope I land a good cause.

I still haven't gotten around to putting up my list of 100 things I want to do this summer, but i'll try to post it later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment