Tuesday, August 4, 2009

20 Questions pertaining to life.

1. Why is there poverty and suffering in the world?
Because few reign over many, through greed and this never-ending pursuit to further oneself in the short years we have.



2. What is the relationship between science and religion?
Religion is an extreme philosophy. A belief pertaining to the why. I guess I'd say science is the same, but doesn't persecute, or give up by saying "It simply is."



3. Why are so many people depressed?
Finding no meaning in life. Monuments to greed and flash are projected into everyday life, which people see and think: I want that. They either don't work hard enough, or give up too early.



4. What are we all so afraid of?
I think a majority of people are scared of what comes after death



5. When is war justifiable?
Never. Defense is justifiable, but any actions against another people for gain is not



6. How would God want us to respond to aggression and terrorism?
By not being so singular in our views. We see them as these horrible barbarians, as some sort of animal. Each country has a history, and each country has a reason to do what they do. These terrorists are a movement that have a militant background.



7. How does one obtain true peace?
Within themselves.



8. What does it mean to live in the present moment?

I guess I'd say it means to lost ambition, to fill oneself with simple pleasure. Taking what you get out of life and not letting it bother you, I guess.



9. What is our greatest distraction?
The Media.



10. Is current religion serving its purpose?
No.



11. What happens to you after you die?
I either become nutrition for the circle of life, or I keep this voice inside my head and leave my body to go to some sort of enlightened state.



12. Describe heaven and how to get there.
I see heaven as earth without boundaries set by birth, religion, class, or monetary value. Where the black and white hold hands and hug one another, where homosexual/bisexual look to heterosexuals with respect, not fear. Where each of us can fulfill a personalized destiny, so to speak.



13. What is the meaning of life?
To simply live, and be at peace with oneself and their surroundings.



14. Describe God.
God...... is not some sort of lightning-bolt throwing, wrath-inducing, angry human. If you controlled the entirety of existence, would you really care if a person had sex before marriage? If one of your creations fell in deep love and pursued a relationship with someone of the same sex? We're not that important. We are an atom in the wind that is this universe.



15. What is the greatest quality humans possess?
Hope and Inspiration.



16. What is it that prevents people from living to their full potential?
Not enough hard work, conformity, giving up on their dreams. DON'T EVER LET SOMEONE TELL YOU CHILDHOOD DREAMS ARE UNACHIEVABLE BECAUSE THEY NEVER FULFILLED THEIRS.



17. Noverbally, by motion or gesture only, act out what you believe to be the current condition of the world.
(5 minute interpretive dance of a master using puppet strings, and the poor of the world dancing around, desperately trying to cut the strings that tie them to the masters' will.)



18. What is your one wish for the world?
If I could live out one dream in my life, it is to at least help one person on this earth know that all we have to depend on is hope, and inspiration. We can get through. We can win. We can succeed. No matter what you put your mind to, you can achieve it. The human mind is a beautiful thing, although to make change it often takes a different path of mind, a different way to see something. Please take a moment to stand back, outside of yourself as in the third person to look at your surroundings, to look within yourself and ask "Is this the way I want to live? Would I be happy If I was here in 5 years? 10 years?" If not, make some changes. Don't be afraid. Please, please, please do not be afraid. Change is hard, but it is necessary. If you don't make changes to alter your life for your vision of where you would like it to be, you will always only day-dream about it, or think about it like some sort of luggage or parasite that eats away at you. Move and shift with your environment to better your life.



19. What is wisdom and how do we gain it?

Wisdom is simply education without boundaries. The why, and what. Not the this is that because of this and that. We have gone many, many, many years as a race without formal education, and yes formal education helps immensely, but when it comes to answers and questions about LIFE, not specialized information drilled into every 5-18 year old' head like some assembly line to grow up and pay taxes and work at this job to help the "society." Wisdom simply is.



20. Are we all one?
Absolutely, positively yes. I Do not care where you come from, I do not care where you're going. I am your brother, I am your fellow man. We have the same blood flowing through our veins, we have the same lungs, heart, liver, stomach, hands, feet, fingers, toes. We are human. Give me a generation of babies born without prejudice drilled into themselves and I will give a reason for life. Them. That we are not doomed as a species. We are all animals, except we hate one another. The human beings capacity for hate is appalling. Why do you really care if someone of color crosses the imaginary lines on this beautiful earth into your 'country'? Does it really hurt you personally if two people of the same sex marry? Are pot-smoking teenagers going to ruin this society? Give your fellow man a break. They're living just like you. They want to get married, have kids, go to college, see the world. They do not have some evil plot in mind to flip the world upside down. I'm sure I can label every single person on this planet, and find some way to twist their goal in life to make it seem evil to the 'majority'. Let people live. Let people live in peace. Love is what we have. Hug and Kiss and rejoice with your community, regardless who's in it and where they came from.

Peace and Love
-David Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. I like your answers. :) I, too, have wondered in bewilderment why so many people seem personally threatened by the idea of gay marriage. I want to ask them, What is it to you?

    I especially like your answer to No. 20.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :).
    I guess I really took my time with these questions. I'm glad to see someone feels the same way as I do. Have you answered these questions? I'm interested as to what you would answer :)

    -David

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful way with words, "I see heaven as earth without boundaries" I like that, I strive for that in my life.

    ReplyDelete